So the play-doh has been a huge success with Ayda.
She plays with it at least twice a day. Usually, once with me in the morning, and then again when Scott gets home from work.
Her favorite thing is to have us make the Finding Nemo characters, (she calls them Nemo fish) and the different Thomas trains out of the play-doh.
Now, my Nemo fish are not as 'good' as Scott's. In fact, Scott's Nemo fish look so real, they should be in a museum or something.
Scott has even impressed himself. He sculpted a shark for Ayda that was truly awesome, and he declared that he would like to put it in a plastic baggie, to preserve it.
One day Ayda and I were playing with the play-doh, and she wanted me to make a turtle. I made one, handed it to her, and she kept saying, "fix it!" I could tell she was accustomed to more 'life-like' play-doh characters with Daddy, and the one I made just wasn't cutting it!
Ayda has a very talented Daddy... and a Mommy who, tries.
Ha!! Ollie LOVES play doh too and always wants me to make cars and the nemo fish! Mine are pathetic compared to these gems. wow.
ReplyDeleteWOW! how does she not mash the colors together? our play-doh looks like diarrhea within minutes of emmi playing with it. hilarious about the preserved shark. i'm digging your nemo fish. i just make letters.
ReplyDeleteFunny! Are those your fish in the second pic? Look pretty good to me. Scott's fish looks scary and not in a cartoonish way! Da dunh. Da dunh. Dadunhdadunhdadunhdadunh. You know what sound I'm making, don't you. See how it says "dad" in it?
ReplyDeleteVery impressive. Our kids love play doh too. They will play for hours sometimes. We have some little molds that make a bear, turtle, and a dog. That's the only way I can sculpt!! Tim's not a play doh fan so he won't do it with them so at least I don't have to compete.
ReplyDeletei read this post forever ago and thought that i had commented... but i apparently didn't unless you just deleted it. ;)
ReplyDeleteanyway, i am way impressed with scotts shark- holy cow! i can make planets (because they are just different sized balls...) but that's about it.
also, glad you found something ayda enjoys to do (and scott too).
Maybe Scott should add sculpture to painting in his artist career.
ReplyDelete