Sunday, January 29, 2012

Here's to 2012!

With only a few days left in the month of January, I thought I would post my goals for this year.

Now, this is not something I would normally do. I'm a relatively private person. I like to keep things to myself, especially goals! That way if I fail to meet them, I can suffer with my failure in private. I'm not a fan of public humiliation.

This year, I'm throwing all caution to the wind! I'm going to let it all hang out...

Not really.

Here are a few of my goals.

1) Read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. Now, this one I'm not too worried about. It's the next goal that might cause me some problems.

2) Attend the temple at least once a month. I have to succeed with this goal! I've been a serious slacker the last year or so, and I need those promised blessings! I've got a little girl I need to keep on the strait and narrow.

3) Become a better baker and cook. Food brings me happiness! But I need to expand my repertoire, get out of my comfort zone, and make cool, more interesting and yummy food!

4) Start a family business with the hubby. Doesn't that sound fun to have a business together!?

Okay. Now I know that these goals are not that impressive, and we all have a different definition of success. But if I can do these, I will count myself as quite accomplished!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. oh, you are so good! temple once a month is a fabulous goal! our temple attendance totally flew out the window once kids were in the mix. now it's just a few times a year and it's usually when we are in st. george so we for sure have someone to watch the kids. the only way i can do once a month is if i go by myself in the morning. love your goals. can't wait for the family business one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your goals are very impressive give yourself a little more credit. I think they are awesome and know you can do it. It is a little time consuming but I have a great orange chicken recipe if you would like it I can email it to you! Good luck with the business too. It sounds like a lot of fun. It was great to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love your goals! Especially the starting your own business one. Also, I volunteer myself as the taste tester for your food. hehe.
    One of my goals (that I never quite got down to posting), is attend the temple more often too. We should go together.
    Great goals, I know you can do all of them!

    ReplyDelete